He stumbled on the real thing

|
Here's John's touching review of "Midnights with the Mystic":

It's hard to believe that something as commonplace as a book could really change one's life. Sure I've read many great books in my life from philosophy to art, from self-help to countless biographies. All of them are undeniably interesting, meaningful and insightful, but I must say they never really stick with me. Of course the reading is always enjoyable sometimes even stimulating but once it finished it's on to the next and two weeks later I could barely remember the title.

Midnights with the Mystic was totally different for me. There was an unusual sense of calm clarity that was speaking directly to me. Questions that have lingered in the back of my mind since I was a child were addressed with a such clarity that complex and overwhelming subjects like grief, death, my own divinity became profoundly simple and understandable.

It was as if for the first time I had encountered a sense of pure, unfiltered, and untainted truth that had always been there but I just wasn't aware of it. Being a die-hard skeptic, I looked at the ideas presented from every differing angle I could imagine and everything kept coming back affirmative. Maybe this really is the Truth, I thought.

Could it be that after all these years of education and personal seeking and growth, that I've now stumbled upon the real thing - truth with a capital "T", and it doesn't elude me? Could it be that it's not so far out that it's beyond me and my comprehension? Can I "get" the Truth?

I can joyfully answer "YES!" and the heaviness and scariness of uncertainty has been lifted and my life is profoundly illuminated and forever changed.
--John Donabedian

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I have goosebumps on reading this post. It was a book for me too. "Encounter the Enlightened" changed my life forever.
Like John mentions, the book spoke to me in such clarity. I have read many books before and found them interesting. But this book felt like being awaken from the Matrix like Neo ! I was so overwhelmed for the next few days... this is IT.