Runners here!!

|
A few runners from the Mumbai Marathon share why they do it. They raised Rs.60 lakhs for Isha Vidhya in 2010.


“I am running for Isha Vidhya because by educating a child I am creating an individual who becomes completely self-reliant and is an asset to the nation. Also Isha Foundation has enviable track record for success, impeccable credentials and very efficient utilization of the funds donated”
~ Jamshed Jehangir, Isha Mumbai volunteer, 70 years old, running for Isha Vidhya for last 3 years

“Schools run by Isha Education, in a very short span, have been applauded as a role model school and even the better run schools would be inspired to adapt Isha Vidhya Practices when they see the way the kids from Isha Vidhya, from rural area blossom so wonderfully. Am requesting my friends, acquaintances & corporates for their support, to the Isha Vidhya Project so wonderfully executed.”
~ Rahul Patil, running 21 kms

“I have always been deeply moved by the expectant eyes of grubby little children with good potential but no opportunities. Isha Vidhya is doing a great job of providing high quality education to these rural children at an affordable cost. I am running half marathon to raise as much funds as I can for Isha Vidhya. I am approaching all my friends, colleagues and relatives and urging them to reach out so that every child that is supported through this initiative gets a chance to reach his/her full potential……… I think this is the least that i can do in my small way :)”
~ Kalpana Maniar, running 21 kms for last 3 years


“What I am today, is because of the education that my parents could provide me. There are millions of children in Rural India who are not as fortunate as me. Isha Education has taken up this task of setting up schools in rural Tamilnadu and is committed to providing quality education that is affordable and accessible to these children in their own villages. Having been to one such School near Coimbatore and having seen for myself the joy and happiness bubbling in those rural children. I am supporting this cause. I am sure with its rural schools, Isha will change the face of Rural India. “
~ Meyyammai Ganesh, running 6kms

0 comments: